新第一范文网:谁伤害过你,谁击溃过你,都不重要。重要的是谁让你重现笑容。

BEC中级口语练习

陈铃 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞

为了让大家更好的准备商务英语BEC考试,小编给大家整理BEC中级口语练习,下面小编就和大家分享,来欣赏一下吧。

BEC中级口语练习:公司间谍

Ⅰ.核心学习:Corporate Spying 公司间谍

Michael: Billy, do you like to play with gadgets?

迈克尔:比利,你喜欢玩电动小器具吗?

Billy: Absolutely, I am one of those people who cannot resist new technology toys.

比利:绝对喜欢,我是那种无法抗拒新科技玩具的人。

Michael: Well, I have a new piece of office equipment for us to play with.

迈克尔:唔,我有一个新的办公室设备,咱们可以玩玩。

Billy: Is it a type of computer?

比利:是一种计算机吗?

Michael: No! Guess again.

迈克尔:不对!再猜猜。

Billy: Maybe it's a new telephone system?

比利:可能是一个新的电话系统?

Michael: Wrong again. It's not like a PC, or phone system, but it is still heaps of fun to play with.

迈克尔:又错了。不是像计算机、电话系统那样的东西,不过还是很好玩的。

Billy: Who will be using it?

比利:谁会用它?

Michael: Everyone who wants to help protect the company's confidential information.

迈克尔:每个想帮助保护公司机密信息的人。

Billy: My guess is that we have a new shredder.

比利:我猜想我们有了一个新的碎纸机。

Michael: Right third time Billy!

迈克尔:第三次对了,比利!

Ⅱ.单词简析

1)Gadgets: a small electronic device that is practical and fun at the same time

电动小器具:小的电动设备,实用而有趣

ex:One of my favorite ways to spend a rainy weekend is to window-shop for new gadgets in the electronics stores.

雨天的周末我最喜欢的一种消遣方式之一是在电器商店里逛逛,看看新的电动小器具。

2) Confidential: secrets, information that only a few people should know

机密的:秘密,只有几个人应该知道的信息

ex:In my company, information about salaries and wages is confidential. I can't tell my co-workers how much I get paid.

在我的公司,有关薪水和工资的信息是保密的。我不能告诉我的同事我挣多少钱。

3) Shredder: a machine that cuts paper into small strips so you cannot read the words anymore

碎纸机:将纸张切成条状的机器,使你无法再阅读纸上的字

ex:When I am really bored at work, I go to the shredder and destroy all of the secret company papers.

当我工作很无聊的时候,我就去碎纸机那里销毁公司的所有机密文件。

Ⅲ.课文篇

1) Generally it is better to be a nerd rather than a geek. Only real geeks and nerds know why.

通常,做一个电脑虫比作电脑迷要好。只有真正的电脑迷和电脑虫知道为什么。

2) Geeks go a little too far by focusing on only one topic.

电脑迷通常只专注于一个方面,且钻的有点太深。

3) Nerds are usually experts with many kinds of computers.

电脑虫一般是专家,对很多种电脑很精通。

4) Geeks and nerds are usually weak and small because they don't get enough exercise. They spend their time in front of the computer, not on the sports field.

通常电脑高手和电脑迷比较文弱,个头也比较矮小,他们不经常锻炼。他们把时间都花在电脑而不是体育锻炼上。

5) Classic nerds wear plastic pocket protectors that protect their shirts from the ink in their many pens.

古代的书呆子在衣兜里放防水塑料袋,以防止笔漏水把衬衫弄脏。

6) Most technicians are nerds.

大部分技术人员是电脑高手。

7) Most geeks and nerds are also computer gammers.

大部分电脑迷和电脑虫是电子游戏迷。

Ⅳ.对话篇

Neal: Hey, Ted, long time no see.

尼尔:喂,特德,很长时间不见了。

Ted : Long time no connect.

特德:是呀,很长时间没有联系了。

Neal: You are such a geek.

尼尔:你可真是个电脑迷。

Ted : And you aren't a nerd? Are you still a hard core gammer?

特德:难道你不是电脑虫么?你现在还是那么热衷电子游戏么?

Neal: Of course. I just got this new sci-fi game based on the Star Trek show.

尼尔:当然了。我现在玩的这种科幻电子游戏是根据电视剧《星际旅行》做的。

Ted : I would give all the gold pens in my pocket protector to get that new Star Trek game.

特德:我愿意用我兜里所有的这些金笔跟你换这个新的星际战舰游戏。

Neal: You sound like the technician geek on the second floor.

尼尔:你这话挺象二楼的那个技术人员说的。

Ted : You sound like my mama.

特德:你说话挺象我妈妈。

Neal: You are such a geek. Here comes the boss, we had better get back to hacking code.

尼尔:你真是个笨人。哎,老板来了,我们最好还是继续解密码吧。

Ted : I guess your right, I have software that I have to install.

特德:你说对了,我得安装软件了。

Neal: Whatever you say, Mr. super nerd.

尼尔:随便吧,你这个超级电脑迷。

BEC中级口语练习:商业计划

Ⅰ.核心学习:关于商业计划

Steve: Mike, what do you know about writing a business plan?

斯蒂夫:麦克,你知道怎么写商业计划吗?

Mike: Plenty. What type of plan are you writing?

麦克:很熟,你要写什么样的计划?

Steve: Well, I have this great new idea that I think will make a motza.

斯蒂夫:我有个很好的方案,我想可以赚大钱。

Mike: Want to let me in on the secret?

麦克:能向我透露透露吗?

Steve: Not yet my friend but I would like your help in writing the business plan.

斯蒂夫:还不行,朋友,可我想让你帮我写这个商业计划。

Mike: Well, the main things you should include are an outline of your idea, your market research and your budgets.

麦克:你主要应该介绍的是你方案的大纲、你的市场调查和你预算。

Steve: Oh, I didn't realize that it would be so much work. Is there a quick way instead?

斯蒂夫:噢,我没想到要做这么多工作。有没有快一点儿的方法。

Mike: If you ask someone to invest in your business, they will want all of that type of information.

麦克:如果你想要别人投资你的生意,他们会要所有的这类信息。

Steve: I've heard a lot about IPO's recently. They seem like an easy way to get rich.

斯蒂夫:最近我听说过很多关于IPO(Initial Public Offering上市股)的事。看起来这是一条发财的捷径。

Mike: Steve you really have a lot to learn about business. I would be happy to help, but I want a percentage of your profits.

麦克:斯蒂夫,关于生意你要学的还多着呢。我很愿意帮你,可我要利润的提成。

Steve: No wonder people call you 'Mr Ten Percent'. Teach on buddy.

斯蒂夫:怪不得人们叫你“百分之十先生”。继续教吧,伙计。

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Business Plan: a formal document containing the main ideas about a business project, sometimes called a Business Proposal

商业计划,一份正式的文件,包括关于商业项目的主要构想,有时也叫做商业提案

ex:The general manager of our company has asked me to write a business plan that we can show the bank.

我们公司的总经理要我写一份向银行出示的商业计划。

2) Motza: a large amount of money

一大笔钱

ex:My best friend won a motza in the China Sports Lottery.

我最好的朋友买中国运动奖卷中了很多钱。

3) Secret: something that you cannot tell anyone else

秘密,不能告诉别人的事

ex:I will tell you my new boyfriend's name, but it's a secret so you can't tell anyone - even your best friend!

我会告诉你我新男友的名字,可这是秘密,你不能告诉别人,连你最好的朋友也不行。

4) Market Research: analyzing consumer behavior and then writing a report on it

市场调查,分析顾客行为然后写一份相关的报告

ex:Market research helps you understand what your customers want and how much they will pay.

市场调查能帮你了解用户的需求以及他们的消费标准。

5) Budget: a report of how much money came in and went out of a company

预算,关于公司收入支出的报告

ex:Accountants are always busy at the end of each month because they have to finish the budgets for the managers.

会计人员在月底的时候都很忙,因为他们必须为经理们做好预算。

Ⅲ.课文篇

Every year many people think of new business ideas that they hope will make them millionaires (or even billionaires). Most new ideas though, even some great ones, can take years to develop. Be ready to work hard and stick to your plan.

每年都有很多人构思新的商业方案,希望因此而成为百万富翁(或亿万富翁)。大多数新的方案,即便是一些很出色的方案,也需要开发多年。做好吃苦的准备,别放弃你的计划。

Before you tell too many people your great new idea that will set the world on fire, it's best to write it in as much detail as possible. This will reduce the risk of someone stealing your idea!

在向众人宣布你震惊世界的伟大新方案之前,最好尽可能详细地将计划写下来。这样可以防止别人窃取你的构思。

Always get advice from a lawyer and accountant. A good lawyer can show you how to protect your ideas and the accountant can help to get the financing you will need.

不断征求律师和会计的建议。好的律师会告诉你怎样保护自己的方案,而会计会帮你筹集到需要的资金。

Most new businesses require money to get them started. Remember that when a person invests money in your ideas, they will usually want some control over how the money is spent. You may have to be more flexible if you have an investment partner.

多数新生意开始时都需要资金。记住有人向你的新方案投资时,他们通常想控制资金的使用。如果你有投资伙伴的话,你可能得更灵活一些。

Successful business people will tell you the most important thing is to have good control over how much money you spend especially in the first few years of a new business. Get an accountant to help you make an operating budget and then stick to it.

成功的商业人士会告诉你掌握资金使用情况是最重要的,尤其是新生意开始的前几年。找一个会计帮你做一个运作预算,然后照着做。

Success is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. It's tough to get to the top and tougher to stay there. Nothing beats hard work.

成功是百分之一的灵感和百分之九十九的汗水。攀到高峰很难,保持不败更难。辛勤的工作是成功的保障。

Ⅳ.对话篇

Beth : Sally, did you get a change to look over the budgets that I gave you?

贝丝:莎丽,你看过我给你的预算了吗?

Sally: Sure did, Beth. They looked OK but I thought they needed more detail.

莎丽:看过,贝丝。看起来不错,不过我觉得还需要更详细一些。

Beth : OK. What ideas did you have?

贝丝:没问题,你有什么建议吗?

Sally: Well, you should have put details of your market research spending and the interest you will have to pay on the bank loan.

莎丽:你应该在市场调查费用和银行贷款利息方面更详细一些。

Beth : Great thinking, Sally. I forgot those important items.

贝丝:好建议,莎丽。我忘了那些重要的项目了。

Sally: Don't worry - there is so much to remember when you write a business proposal.

莎丽:别担心。写商务计划的时候要想到的东西太多了。

Beth : I didn't imagine that having an idea for a new business would be such hard work!

贝丝:我没想到做一个新商业方案这么难。

Sally: I know but the rewards make it worthwhile!

莎丽:我了解,可得到的回报也很值。

Beth : Do you think the budgets are ready for me to take to investors for them to see?

贝丝:你觉得这份预算可以拿给投资商看了吗?

Sally: As your accountant I think that they are ready and that investors will be excited when they see them.

莎丽:作为你的会计,我认为可以了,投资商看到会很兴奋。

Beth : Thanks for all your assistance, Sally.

贝丝:谢谢你给我的所有帮助莎丽。

Sally: Just don't forget me when you make your first million!

莎丽:挣到第一个一百万时别忘了我。

BEC中级口语练习:那不是我的工作

Ⅰ.核心学习:It's Not My Job! 那不是我的工作!

Michael: Billy, is your computer working this morning?

迈克尔:比利,今天上午你的计算机工作吗?

Billy: Not really. I can't print my analysis report.

比利:不工作。我打印不了我的分析报告。

Michael: My computer won't print either.

迈克尔:我的计算机也不打印。

Billy: We should call the IT department.

比利:我们应该给IT部打电话。

Michael: Maybe we can work out the problem by ourselves?

迈克尔:也许我们可以自己解决这个问题?

Billy: No way! That's not my job!

比利:没门!那不是我的工作!

Michael: Sometimes you have to do things that are not part of your job description.

迈克尔:有时候你得做你职位描述之外的事情。

Billy: I don't agree - my remuneration is based on my own job performance.

比利:我不同意-我的报酬是按照我分内的工作表现来支付的。

Michael: That's true, but remember this is a team effort and everybody has to help out.

迈克尔:那是真的,不过记住这是团队的工作,每一个人都得帮忙。

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Analysis report: a written summary of a logical investigation

分析报告:调查研究的逻辑推理书面总结

ex:I got plenty of praise for my analysis report from the sales department but in the end they ignored my suggestions.

销售部对我的分析报告称赞有加,可到最后的时候他们却对我的建议置之不理。

2) IT department: IT stands for Information Technology

IT部:IT指的是信息技术

ex:The IT department came to fix my computer today because it had a virus.

今天IT部来修了我的计算机,因为它有一个病毒

3) Job description: list of tasks and responsibilities

职位描述:工作任务和职责的清单

ex:The human resources department at my company is so lazy that they ask me to write my own job description!

我们公司的人力资源部真懒,他们叫我写自己的职位描述!

4) Remuneration: salary or wage, the amount your company pays you

报酬:薪水或工资,公司支付你的数额

ex:I asked for an increase in my remuneration but my boss just laughed in my face.

我请求加薪,可我老板只是冲着我发笑。

Ⅲ.课文篇

Companies are like clocks. Everyone has their own job to do and for the company to operate smoothly, people must know their jobs well and be able to perform adequately.

公司有如时钟。每个人都有他们自己要做的工作。而且,公司要平稳地运转,人们就必须充分地了解自己的工作并且能够出色地履行职责。

To ensure that people know exactly what is required of them, most companies have detailed job descriptions for every single job. A good job description should describe exactly what the person should do (and should not do) and set standards so that performance can be measured.

为了确保人们确切知道他们要求做什么,大多数公司对每一份工作都有详细的职位描述。一份好的职位描述应该准确地描述该职位的人应该做什么(以及不应该做什么),并且制订标准以便衡量(职工的)表现。

For every position in a company, there should be a complete job description. It is not necessary for every person to have one, but every role or separate job must be well documented.

公司的每一个位置都应该有一份完整的职位描述。虽无需人手一份,但每一个角色或每一个个体的工作都必须在文件中写清楚。

What types of things should be included in a job description? Here is a short list of some of the things that will make a job or position description more effective:

职位描述应该包括什么类型的东西?以下是一个简短的清单,列出了使一份工作或职位描述更为有效的一些东西。

. job title and location

. upward and downward reporting relationships (i.e. your staff and your boss)

. the specific duties and responsibilities of the role including the percentage of time spent on each main task

. the qualifications and prior experience that are necessary or desirable for the role

职位头衔和地点

报告的上下级关系(比如你的下属与上司)

该角色具体的任务与职责,包括花费在每一项主要工作上的时间比率

该角色必须的或者要求的资格以及以往的经验

Once you have written your job description, don't just put it away in your desk drawer. Take it out and read it every three months. Make changes if you think the role has changed or if the company has developed in a different direction.

一旦写好了你的职位描述,不要只是把它放进抽屉里。每三个月拿出来,读一读。如果你认为该角色发生了变动或者公司的发展方向有了变化,应做出改动。

Lastly, the job description should contain a general statement that summarizes the purpose of the role. This can be broad or specific, but should tell the reader clearly why the role exists and how the job fits in with the rest of the company.

最后,职位描述应该包括一个综述,概括该角色的目的。综述可以广泛,也可以具体,但是应该让读者明白该角色为什么存在,以及该职位如何与公司的其它部分相协调。

More importantly, use the job description to judge whether you are currently achieving what the role requires.

更重要的是用职位描述来判断当前你是否达到了该角色的要求。

Ⅳ.对话篇

Jeff: Can you help me to proof read my new job description?

杰夫:你能帮我校对我的新职位描述吗?

Joan: Sure Jeff. I wrote mine last week so I have some experience.

琼:当然杰夫。上周我写了我的,所以我有一些经验。

Jeff: I didn't really know how to start writing - it seems hard to summarize your job in a few words.

杰夫:我不太清楚应该怎么开始写-看起来很难用三言两语来概括你的工作。

Joan: I know, but it is very important.

琼:我知道,不过那是很重要的。

Jeff: Why do your think that having a job description is so vital?

杰夫:为什么你认为职位描述这么关键?

Joan: Well, if you get run over by a bus and cannot come back to work, we can use the job description to train your replacement!

琼:唔,如果你被公共汽车撞了,而且不能回来工作,我们就可以用这份职位描述来培训取代你的人!

Jeff: That's a terrible thing to say!

杰夫:说这个真可怕!

Joan: Maybe one of your job description points should be to avoid being hit by a bus!

琼:也许你的职位描述的一点应该是避免被公共汽车撞!

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

BEC中级口语练习

微信扫码分享